From year to year, Croatia has been continuously developing as a popular tourist destination, becoming in the process an equally popular sailing destination, as more and more people decide to take advantage of the spacious Adriatic Sea. The Croatian rugged coastline has generated numerous hidden bays, islets and beaches which the guests have been visiting for years now, traveling by boats, i.e. yacht charters. The Zadar archipelago and the riviera of Dubrovnik are amongst the most popular destinations.
Why travel by boat / yacht charter?
You are still indecisive and would like to visit as many Croatian destinations as possible, but at the same time you wish to keep a healthy dose of spontaneity? Why not think about renting a boat! This type of travel is ideal for you, if you wish to visit more than one location in one single journey. What most likely prevents you from doing so is the transportation or an unsuccessful search for an adequate accommodation. Accommodation on your preferred dates might be too expensive, not close enough to the city center and/or it just does not offer an adequate capacity? The right choice to make all these issues disappear might be to simply choose a yacht charter.
The spontaneity of traveling by charter boats reveals itself in the possibility of changing direction or itinerary of the journey. If you had wished to sail to the southern part of the Adriatic Sea and visit the island Mljet, but have only then found out that there was going to be a storm - not a problem. You simply decide to stay on the island Hvar for another night and to set sail towards Dugi otok in the North.
Why sail in Croatia?
- The Croatian archipelago is the largest one on the Adriatic Sea
- Croatia has the most rugged coastline on the Mediterranean Sea, with more than 1240 islands and islets
- 97% of beaches in Croatia have been awarded excellent marks for the quality of sea water, which means that it is safe to go for a swim basically anywhere
- Sailing season lasts from April until October, and peaks during the two warmest months - July and August
- At your disposal you have a total of 56 tourist ports coastwise, where you can dock your boat and start exploring the mainland
We have prepared for you our special selection of several sailboats in our offer which might be perfect for your journey, within different price ranges and different capacity. We also offer you the possibility to travel on your own if you have successfully completed adequate training and are able to operate the vessel, or you might also rent a skipper who would travel with you and take care of the functionality of the vessel. Besides, sailboats available for rent offer embarkation in different ports; this information might help you plan your arrival in Croatia.
- Sun Odyssey 33i – 6 persons (2 cabins + salon). The length of the sailboat is 9,96 meters | Ports of embarkation: Biograd, Pula, Biograd, Split, Dubrovnik
- Hanse 320 – 6 persons (2 cabins + salon). The length of the sailboat is 9,63 meters | Port of embarkation: Biograd
- Bavaria 38C – 6 persons (3 cabins + salon). The length of the sailboat is 11,72 meters | Ports of embarkation: Trogir, Biograd, Split, Pula, Murter, Kaštela, Dubrovnik
- Beneteau Oceanis 411 – 10 persons (4 cabins + salon). The length of the sailboat is 12,60 meters | Ports of embarkation: Rovinj, Pula, Trogir, Dubrovnik
- Adria 1002 V – 7 persons (3 cabins + salon). The length of the motor boat is 10 meters | Ports of embarkation: Bibinje - Sukošan, Biograd
- Adria 1002 – 7 persons (3 cabins + salon). The length of the motor boat is 10,80 meters | Ports of embarkation: Bibinje - Sukošan, Šibenik
- Adriana 36 – 7 persons (3 cabins + salon). The length of the motor boat is 11,82 meters | Port of embarkation: Bibinje - Sukošan
- Adriana 44 – 7 persons (3 cabins + salon). The length of the motor boat is 13,48 meters | Port of embarkation: Bibinje - Sukošan
Top 5 hotels on the Adriatic with sea views 14/03/2019